Tuesday 9 March 2010

In the nude....

No, not me my nails!

Like everyone this spring, I am loving the colour palette of peaches and cream. As well as changing my wardrobe to reflect this, I am also changing my make up bag.


My major extravagance is getting my nails done, I tend to get them done every 2 weeks. For as many years as I can remember I have had nail extensions because I cant stand the shape and look of my natural nails. But I am trying to embrace the short square look of my natural nails (with a gel overlay to keep them looking pretty of course).


When it comes to choosing a colour I tend to gravitate towards the same shades, black, red, shocking pink, navy blue if I'm feeling daring. Yesterday however, I decided I wanted my nails to match my new spring wardrobe so.....I've gone nude!


It doesn't show up that well in the photograph (and please excuse my messy desk) but this is actually a very very pale peach. The varnish is by O.P.I but I cannot remember what it is called. It went on beautifully and was so thick it only needed 2 coats for this thick, luxurious, opaque look.


I'm really pleased with my foray into nude nail polish and think I will definitely rock this look into the spring and summer.


What do you think? Will you be changing your make up to match your spring wardrobe?
Amie x

2 comments:

  1. nails look really good and I love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nails look really good and I love the colour

    ReplyDelete