Wednesday 17 March 2010

Perfect Pout

Two things have inspired this post:

1. Cameron Diaz's amazing red pout at this years Oscars

2. Every magazine I have picked up is raving about lipstick being the new lip gloss.

So I thought I would give it a go and here is my guide to a glossy red lip........

The tools:

Concealer:

Neutral Lip Liner:

Lipstick Liner:

Lipstick:

More Lipstick:


Gloss:


The finished product:


And here is the detailed guide to achieving this look:
1. Brush over lips with a dry toothbrush to get rid of any flaky skin and apply a light layer of lip balm. I personally love Crabtree and Evelyn Aloe Vera Soothing Lip Balm.
2. Dab a little concealer onto your lips and blend. This provides the perfect blank canvas to work on.
3. Use a lip liner to line the outside of your lips. Some people say you should use a colour that is as close to the lipstick you will be using as you can find but I like to use a neutral shade as the liner is only there to stop the lipstick bleeding and there is nothing worse than mismatched liner and lipstick.

Top tip - Always have a cotton bud on hand to erase any mistakes easily without having to start all over again.
4. Using a very fine lip brush, go over the lip liner with the lipstick. This way there will be no tell tale line.

5. Slowly build the colour. I always use a lip brush as I think this allows you to be more accurate and precise about where you are applying colour. Start with a thin layer of colour, blot and apply further layers.

6. Once you are happy with the lipstick the choice is yours. If you prefer your lips matte leave them as they are. If you prefer a glossier pout use a clear lip gloss to add real impact.

And voila you are ready to start pouting. I wish I was brave enough to wear this look during the day but I think for me it has to be a night time look teamed with a fairly neutral face and lashings of black mascara.
In case you are wondering the lipstick I am using is Rimmel Moisture Renew in "Diva Red"

What do you think, do you have any lipstick tips you just have to share?

Amie x



























No comments:

Post a Comment